Today, I recorded a video clip presenting my work on SPICE Adaptive Streaming (based on my last talk in Grenoble).
More demos about the SPICE project are available on the spice-space.org website.
- Long version (SPICE introduction & all the explanations — 35min)
- Focused version (Adaptive Streaming only — 19min)
- Project repository
As part of the SPICE Adaptive Streaming project, we developed a toolbox for studying the performance of real-time video streaming. The toolbox consists in:
(1) a recording infrastructure that collects performance indicators in the guest/host/client systems,
(2) a scripted benchmarking engine that controls the systems’ configuration and the video encoding settings, and benchmarks each set of parameters one by one, and
(3) a graph visualization GUI that plots the benchmarks results and allows studying the impact of each parameter variations.
In the current step, we are working on a mathematical modelisation of the resource usage (CPU, GPU, etc.)